Services and Insulation Company
Many mold remediation company can treat and remove mold issues stemming from a water disaster, but they may not understand other conditions going on within your home that start and support mold growth.
Mold exists in one form or another in most homes today, and it can be found behind drywall, in attics under your insulation, and it is commonly found in damp crawl spaces and basements that leak water through foundations.
- Skin rashes
- Asthma attacks
- Resporatory issues
- Persistent coughs or cold symptoms
- Opportunistic infections in immune compromised individuals
Conditions for Mold
- Ice dams can freeze and thaw allowing water to run down get under shingles leaking down onto exterior wall framing
- Cracks in siding or missing motor joints in masonry facades allowing water to leak into walls where mold can start
- Bad gutters and flashing that allow water to run back into walls of home
- Air infiltraion can draw humidity and dampness through the numerous joints and seams in the building envelope allowing moisture to accumulate where mold can flourish
- Poorly installed insulation can cause warm and cold air to make contact where condensation is sure to occur in unventilated areas can be attributed to mold growth
- Bathroom fans and dryer vents pumping moist air into attics and crawlspaces
- Inadequate ventilation in attics restricting air flow and trapping damp humid air
- Air conditioning equipment not cycling properly can leave excessive amounts moisture in homes
"Performed blower-door energy audit Added spray foam insulation around the perimeter of the basement in rim joists and over the sill plates where the framing meets the cinder block walls Added 7" of cellulose insulation to two attic spaces Added dense-pack cellulose insulation into all sidewalls of house Member"
Rick Hollinger, Bloomington, IN